A smile is more than nice to look at. It tells people who you are. If it looks less than attractive, first impressions of your personality and competence change. At the Laramie, WY, offices of Dr. Bruce Adams, our team offers beautiful porcelain veneers. These thin laminates disguise flaws so you appear as wonderful as you really are.
The details on veneers
Porcelain veneers are custom-crafted according to your preferences and Dr. Adams' instructions. Thin and realistic in shape, size, and color, these laminates adhere to the front of teeth prominent in your smile zone.
These teeth may be gapped, slightly twisted or rotated, chipped, stained, and otherwise marred. However, basically, they are healthy as determined by your dentist's in-office examination.
To receive veneers, expect to spend two visits at our Laramie, WY, office. One is for treatment planning, including oral impressions and minor enamel resurfacing. The second is for placement of your new veneers with a tooth-colored cement.
Most people receive an even number of veneers, says the American College of Prosthodontists. This guarantees a balanced smile appearance. But, however many you receive, expect a lifelike result that lasts. Veneers, though whisper-thin, are extremely resilient, stain-resistant, and last ten years or more.
Benefits of veneers
- Unlike crowns, porcelain veneers require your dentist to remove only a small amount of enamel from each tooth.
- Your gums will stay comfortable and free of irritations.
- You won't need any numbing medications during your veneer treatment.
- Veneers are easier and better than orthodontic braces for the correction of minor crowding and gaps.
- Veneers last ten years or more.
- Veneers replace worn enamel. Bruxers (people who grind their teeth) and individuals who have lost tooth structure to acid erosion, over-zealous brushing, and advanced age benefit from dental laminates.
- After veneer placement, you will brush and floss your teeth in your usual way. In other words, long-term care is easy. However, you should avoid hard foods and habits such as biting your fingernails.
Your best smile
For premier cosmetic dentistry, including porcelain veneers, contact Dr. Bruce Adams and his team for a consultation. Porcelain veneers can change your smile and your personal outlook. Call our Laramie, WY, office at (307) 721-2900.